Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day for Papa Chad

This is what their yard looked like before we started on it. You can see were the grass is dead and there is roots everywhere.
Day 1: Joel is starting on the wall. Sweet little Kody was so excited to "HELP DADDY!" He just shoved all the dirt Joel told him too, also picked up the roots and cut them and threw them in the wheelbarrow for us. Kalven helped also, he just gave up as soon as he realized it wasn't as exciting as he thought.End of Day 1
Day 2: Joel working with all his handy tools.
End of Day 2, Joel actually had help from Mykal because Brenda and her kids came to St. George, so that was nice of him to help. Of course all the little tator tots were helping too :)
Day 3: Joel working some more... Look at him go.
End of Day 3, if you look in that wheelbarrow in the background you can see how many roots we dug up.

The Finishing Look!!! YAY, doesn't it look so good I just love it. I think it turned out so good. My good husband to do such a good job on it, I'm so proud of him, he always amazes me with everything he can do. He is so handy.

Also on the Father's Day Video 1, I hope you can hear it, if not here is a little catch up on it. Before Chad and Verlayne left on their trip, they planted a whole bunch of seed, hoping there grass would grow. Little did they know Joel was coming to tear it out. So how we got Papa to go and look at the Keystone wall, we told him his neighbor took the backhoe through their yard to put up a fence, and Papa said really I gotta go check it out. He beat me out the door, I wanted to video Papa seeing the wall.

But the Second Video is him outside looking at the wall. I don't know if you can hear it either but he was like "Oh my.... Joel" what did you do? ( I'm not to sure if those are his EXACT words) But he was excited about it and we were happy to do it for him. So Happy Father's Day Papa!!!

5 comments:

Tracy Beckett said...

Oh, wow, that looks so great! You did an amazing job--I absolutely love it! BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for doing the hard work--sorry we weren't close enough to run over and help. I am so thankful for you, Joel, and Mykal, and Kally & Brenda and anyone who helped. Beautiful father's day gift!

Campbell said...

Looks awesome guys! Joel, what a talent! We'll get your help someday too! Thanks for doing this.

val said...

It looks so great! Sorry that my husband was really good at 'watching' you work!!! That was such a nice thing for you to do!

Deb-t said...

I am in AWE! Kally, I'm so glad you took before, during and after pictures! The progress is fantastic!
I'm so happy you have a handy husband, too. Joelly- you ROCK!
I'm sure mom and Papa absolutely LOVE it!

Karmen said...

That is SO awesome! Way to go Campbells! Oh my gosh! My check is still sitting in my calendar holder! I'll mail it first thing tomorrow, I promise! Thanks for taking care of Mom and Pops for us!