Friday, May 4, 2012

Miracles Can Happen: Written 10/8/2009

Miracles Can Happen. When I was pregnant with Julia, I started to have back pain and headaches, just thinking it was from the pregnancy and all. Well 2 1/2 years or so I'm still suffering from headaches, they have gotten to the point where the only way I can get rid of them is by going to sleep. They were so bad I would wake up with one, have it all day(rarely could I take something to make it go away) than I would go to sleep with one. They would either feel like I was being hit with a hammer over and over in my head, or almost like there was a heartbeat but in my head. It was like that all day, everyday, seriously. So let me tell you what I did. I was on medication to try to prevent my headaches from coming on, it worked for a short period than I started having the headaches again. I had MRI and cat scan to see if we could find anything to help get rid of the headaches. I went to my physician again and he was thinking I had a muscular disorder, so he can me some muscle relaxers to see if that would help. It did help my headaches but they were not gone. I had them so bad that I couldn't even function at least three times a week. It was hard to be able to deal with life, and kids. So he sent me to another doctor who started to give me shots (they are called Trigger Point Shots) to see if I could loosen up my muscles in my head to stop my headaches. I would get two and wait a month and then two more. Well they did help, I wasn't waking up with them or going to sleep with them. But at some point in the day they would hit HARD and I knew I couldn't take anything that would help it go away. I was suppose to go get another shot a couple of days ago, but my mom just kept buggin me to go to the chiropractor. She said you might as well try it, what harm will it do. I was to the point of desperateness (is that a word) I couldn't handle them any longer, they were controlling my life. So I went and my head was sore for about a day, the last time I went to the chiropractor was after I had Kody and that was 3 1/2 years ago. I was scheduled to go back in 4 days, and lets be honest, I really didn't think it was going to work. I had all these tests done, taken all this medication, and these shots. How was that going to fix me? Well within those 4 days between my appointments, my headaches were gone. They weren't there, I didn't have to take anything for them, they were GONE, I was kind of in aww about the whole thing, thinking really it was that easy after I have suffered this long, that's all I needed to do? My chiropractor told me its almost like my plates are molded together and everytime we crack them, they loosen to where they need to be. I'm still going about 3 times a week, because my head is still really tight. But I've gone from a 9, on a pain scale (1-no pain 10- worst) to a zero. I still think wow I can't believe I can function and this isn't controlling my life. I'm so grateful I listened to my mom and actually decided to go. So that's why I say Miracles Can Happen. I never thought I was going to be able to get rid of them, I was always telling Joel I'm only 24 and I'm breaking already. I hated waking up with them and having to deal with them all day. It wasn't easy to deal with my headaches and my crazy kids. I love my kids and my husband and I didn't want to push them away when I had these headaches and sometimes I felt like I did. When they would hit hard I would just tell Joel I've got to go lay down, I can't deal with it anymore. He is such a good husband he would let me and just take over the house and the kids, so my headache would go away. I'm so grateful for being able to not have these headaches anymore, and to my husband who is always there to support me no matter what, in sickness or in health. I love my husband and my three little sweet but naughty kids, Kalven, Kody, Julia. I'm so grateful that I feel like I can go back to a almost normal life. :) That is my story!!!

No comments: