Thursday, January 14, 2010

To Keep Or Not To Keep?


Okay so this is just a picture of Julias looking out our bathroom window at nothing, but there is a dog in there. She was just so cute and happy I had to put this picture in here. So here is our dilemma: my parents went out of town for a week, and every time Joel went to check on the dogs, Leslie and Kuma he would feel bad for them and ask if he could bring them to the house, My reply was NO they'll chew everything up, theres dog poop you have to clean, etc. So than on friday my lovely husband shows up at our house with the two dogs. So they were alright, everything I told him, we had to do. Clean the poop, they chewed up toys, so we took back Kuma. We have had Leslie since than, I am just not a dog person, I think dog hair is gross, every time the kids play with her, I make them wash there hands, and think I should change their clothes every time, but don't want to do that much laundry. The real problem is I don't care for dogs or really like them, but the REST of my family does. How do I take away the dog when the kids are so excited about it and say, "we get to keep Leslie forever, or can I play with my dog" Such a hard decision! I guess I need to learn to get past all of the gross stuff, hair, poop, smell? haha I don't know!


So here she is looking at the dog! Leslie is really good, she hasn't tried to dig out of our temporary fence because we couldn't HAVEN'T decided if we are going to keep her, she doesn't chew on anything, she actually catches the balls when we throw them. Think think think, what to do, what to do????????



The kids playing with her! Although sometimes I'll catch Kalven and Kody chasing her with a bat and a chair and I think poor dog is going to get abused! But usually she is hiding under our trailer and the kids want her out of under the trailer! Like I said: What to do, what to do?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Campbell said...

Looks like a really nice dog though. I really like dogs but I don't want dog hairs all over either.
So....good luck making that decision. hahaha

val said...

Keep her, then my kids can come visit and play with her, and I won't have to get one! I'm totally not a dog person either...but Kory told the kids we'll get one when Matthew is 2. What? That's news to me, but they are cute with animals...I just don't need anything else to clean up...