Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July

This is Joel's carving stick, like the dude's nose?




This is the bottom of the stick. Joel does good at carving all sorts of different kinds of sticks.





Grandpa Hafen and Julia Pearl.





All the kids being silly: Kalven, Trace, Kody, Thomas, Tyler.




All the kids.






Kody and Thomas.





Trace trying to carve. I think the knife looks cool in this picture though, it is all shiny.





Julia holding a worm, she loves them it DOES NOT bother her at all to hold them.... I think they are gross, but good job Julia. One day she will be baiting a worm on a hook to go fishing. :)




Julia trying to show me the worm she is holding.



Daddy TRYING to fish, he really doesn't get to fish anymore when he has three little kidlets to help fish the whole time.





This was Julia's fit, "Mom, why do I have to smile and take a picture?"




Yay Kody smiling and this time with no fly on his head. (If you don't know what I'm talking about look at the post "Trying to survive camping")




Kalven havin' fun fishing. I wish we would have caught something, but no luck this time.




So this is our bug vacuum and we caught a little baby butterfly. I happen to think its a moth but I don't know, anyhow Julia was so excited and loved it.




Kody's battle wounds: Kalven and Kody were playing with swords (sticks) and Kody got whacked right in the face. Poor little guy. I swear he is a little magnet!




Kalven with his scary guy mask on, and Kody. After this picture Kody asked to see the picture. So I showed it to Kody. Kody said, "Aww, that's a cute picture." He is such a sweet little boy, I just love him.



Kalven LOVED to wear his mask all day, I'm sure it kept his face warm, but it also scared Julia. But anyhow Kalven loved to wear it and didn't want to take it off.




Julia's battle wounds: Julia was climbing on the 4wheeler trailer and fell and she got her whole hand full of slivers. We felt so bad. We got some pulled out but she really wouldn't let us touch her hand after that.




Julia's sweet donut lookin' face.




haha, so Julia was asleep, at first she had her finger in her nose, so I pulled out my camera and of course she stopped but than she started to pick at her lip. Funny kids.





I wish we would have gotten a top view of this flower, it is a cool pink flower that came out of a cactus, we only saw like 3. But it is still so pretty.




Kody is so sweet, anywhere we go and there is FLOWERS he will pick me a ton and bring them to me, he is a sweet little boy.




My brother Bobby and my hiding sister in law Brandie.




Bobby's cute boy Caysen.




Julia really didn't want to smile too much for me this weekend. I think the terrible twos are starting to kick in just a little. :)


Kalven does so good and always loves to smile for me!





This was cute Julia was shoveling and said "I got some dirt." As you can see there is none, but nonetheless she is still so cute.




Kalven and Caysen sitting on the 4wheeler.





Grandpa Hafen and Julia sitting by the fire.




Kody with his helmet on and trying to sneak the stick in the fire..... JUST LIKE HIS DADDY!!! :)



Mommy and her baby girl Julia. Love my style that day? Capri's with tall socks? No makeup

and hair a mess, oh well the joy of camping, that's why I love it so.... plus I don't have to worry about a house to clean! At least until we get back. :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

The one of Julia by herself--I totally can see mom and then I can see dad. She is a good mix. Loved the post...cute pictures.

Briana said...

oh that was fun 2 read! I haven't seen u guys forever!!!! we must come visit...:D

Tracy Beckett said...

Great pictures--looks like such a fun trip! You have such a cute family. And the cactus flower is so cool too! I think your outfit should be the latest fashions for all of us to follow! :) Love you guys!

Deb-t said...

You can dress however you want when you go camping, it's a rule!!! I loved the socks!
Looks like Kalven had fun with the mask, Kody of course got hurt and Julia....holds worms?! GAG!!!! Ha ha, so funny though!
I don't think Papa ever got to fish much when we were kids either because he was always helping us throw out our lines and bait our hooks! Good job, Joel!