Saturday, July 10, 2010

Trying to SURVIVE camping!

June 25th, 2010
Okay so Joel got hurt at work and this was his fingers, how gross and sad huh? So we wanted to take our trailer to Panguitch a week before the 4th, so we could bring the four-wheelers up on the 4th. We thought about not going, but Joel said lets go anyways! So away we went.


Kalven is loving fishing!


Kalven and Kody are both getting pretty good at throwing out their fishing poles, they haven't learned to wait before they reel it in, but it is still fun for them anyhow.


Daddy helping Julia fish. What a sweet moment, this is probably technicially the first time she has gone that she will remember because she is so much older now. She had lots of fun. She also just wanted to reel the fishing pole in.




The boys fishing away. Okay so on the side of Kalven if you keep walking there is a little trail and I thought I'd walk over there just because. Well Julia started following me and I was walking down this hill to help her up and of course I fell. I guess I fell on a plant called Stinging nettle? It just makes your hand sting really bad..... So I washed it off in the stream and took some benedryl and my hand was swelling, like I had hives. Between Joel's hand and mine, we were both disabled and ready to go home, but of course the kids wanted to fish more. So we toughed it out for another hour or two. So by the time we got home it felt like my hand was asleep, and we tried non-itching cream we thought I fell on posion ivy. Well after we looked it up on the internet it told us to put baking soda on it and it would get out all of the stinging things, and sure enough IT WORKED! Baking soda is amazing and works for everything!


Kody putting bait on his hook...... funny though because he is giving me such a wierd smile, maybe because he has a fly on his head..... he now needs a song like Joel..... little joely fowers had a fly upon his nose, and he flipped it and he flopped it til it flew away. Little Kody boy had a fly upon his head and he flipped it and flopped it til it flew away! haha! Poor Kody boy though, I didn't even realize when I took the picture!


Cute Kalven and Julia after eating smores.




All of our cute little kidlets.




Another one: Except with the pine cone, we were having the kids pick up all the pine cones they could find and throw them in the fire..... keep them occupied. Of course Kalven is always making a hilarious face in all of his pictures.



So cute, all three smiling and all three love the fire, just like their daddy.


Kalven and Kody both making funny pictures. Kody was funny with this pine cone, because he said, "Aww... its such a cute little tiny one." Cute kids



Okay so are you wondering what this used to BE? haha Kody's cowboy boot. Fun story. So Joel ran to the store to get some ice and I kept all three kids and to keep an eye on the fire, well Julia was wearing Kody's boots and they were soaked because she wouldn't stop going in the stream. So I decided to set them by the fire to let them dry. Well me not paying attention came back and his boot was on fire, I was like crap, so I had to throw it in the fire. Poor Kody was so sad, those were my favorite boots he said. But at the same time the kids were throwing sticks across the stream at each other and I was trying to control them, and the fire..... Next time I told Joel not to let me watch the fire. haha, funny yet sad.


Julia trying to throw her stick, just like her brothers.



Kody throwing his stick.


Kalven throwing his stick.


Kody cleaning out the cooler and Julia is cleaning a training wheel, aren't they so helpful?


* All in all I'm glad we survived this camping trip!

3 comments:

Tracy Beckett said...

You guys are a great family and do so many fun things together. Make those memories while you can! And Joel's finger looks so painful...Hope it heals up well!

Deb-t said...

Stinging nettle is the worst! I never knew anything about baking soda though so thanks for sharing! (You know, just in case me or the kids touch it anytime in the future....).
How sad about Kody's boot, too! That is kind of hilarious, though!
It was so fun to see your boys at the Fowers reunion yesterday!!!!

Deb-t said...

And by the way, what the crap did Joel do to his hand?! I would have made him show it to me yesterday when I saw him if I had read this before.....