Monday, July 26, 2010

Tender Mercies

So as Joel and I have said before Kody is our fragile little child. Kody is so talkative and so loud and so curious about so many things. Every time I would take Kody to speech they would test his ears and they would get such weird readings every time, so they sent me to a specialist to get a hearing test done, so thats how we found out he lost part of his hearing in his right ear. So we have gone back to his pediatrician to see what he suggest we do. He first put Kody on an antibiotic for 10 days to make sure there was no ear wax buildup or fluid that Kody's pediatrician could see. There was no buildup or fluid in his right ear that he could see. However he did pull out a big thing of earwax out of his left ear and his right ear was the one that was giving him problems so the doctor thought it was kind of weird, his left ear almost looked like an ear infection so they went ahead and put him on a antibiotic. So 30 days came around and we went back to the same pediatrician and the next thing they wanted to rule out was to make sure there was no fluid blocking his hearing. So they gave me a nasal spray that I would give Kody once a day. The first couple of times I had to bribe him and would give him a quarter and than he would let me spray his nose. But than he would just bring it to me everyday and remind me about it. I really didn't think anything about him bringing it to me besides, "Kody is being so good because I haven't even had to think about it." So today when we went to the doctor they asked if I noticed anything different about Kody and his ears. I told him he would just bring me the medicine was all, he still turns the tv up a little louder but that may be out of habit now, who knows. So he checked his ears and said, " HE GOT A GOOD NORMAL READING IN BOTH EARS!" So Kody must have had fluid buildup behind his ears and the nasal spray helped and now he can hear better out of both ears. I was so grateful for my little Kody boy. He said, "mommy why are you crying?" I told him sometimes mommy's cry when they are happy or sad, right now mommy is happy because your ears are all better and you can hear out of them. I said I love my Kody and I want you to be healthy. Kody said, "I love you too mommy."
I am so grateful that Kody's ears are okay and he doesn't have to go through anymore tests. He has such a special place in my heart, how I love my little boy and want nothing sad or wrong to go with him, but this is another thing we have overcome in Kody's short little life. How I love him.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Awww-to sweet--I'm glad to hear they are ok.

Campbell said...

That's wonderful!!! What a blessing!

val said...

Oh, I am so happy to hear this great news! What a sweet mama you are, Kally!

Tiff George said...

Oh, that is so great! It just breaks your heart when anything goes wrong for your children, and I'm so happy that this was something that could be fixed! You are sweet, Kal! Love you guys.

Tracy Beckett said...

Wow, that is great to read about Kody's ears! What a wonderful blessing. Thanks for sharing that with us--I truly believe Heavenly Father does bless us so much! Love you guys.

Jen Ross said...

Wow, what an awesome miracle! That's so wonderful and I'm glad Kody's able to hear better now! Thanks for sharing this sweet experience with us! You have a great family Kally and we love you!