Thursday, February 10, 2011

Leed's Hike: January 30th, 2011

So in Priesthood a couple weeks ago, Joel said they were talking about "appropriate Sunday activities." They gave everyone a paper and asked them to write something down that they would do on Sunday.  The first thing Joel wrote was a Sunday drive, and the first person that raised their hand said he didn't think that was something you should do on Sunday.  So Joel never said anything, he just showed his neighbor what he wrote and they had a good laugh.   Joel was kind of shocked and was like WHAT?  He never said anything but he came home and said. "You know that is one of the best things we can do as a family!  It is a lot better than staying home and going crazy!" Joel said I also think it is in the matter of what we do on Sunday, if we were on a drive blasting rap/cursing music that may be one thing.  But if we are listening to church music and asking the kids what they learned in church, we see this as strengthening our family and a nice Sunday, instead of us going crazy!  So this was our exciting "Sunday drive and family hike and the kids loved it and it was so nice to be outside and have them run around.



The kids sitting on a fun rock.


Kody, Julia, daddy in a cave!


Kody, Julia, daddy, Kalven in the cave again!


Mommy and Julia


Daddy and Julia, I love pictures like this, just think they are sooo cute!



Kalven was funny, every time he would climb on a rock, he would say "Mom take a picture of me"




Kody was the same way, "Mom take a picture of me!"



I love this picture of Julia, even tho' she isn't looking, it is sooo precious!




Cute Julia just wanted to follow her brothers.



All three.








Julia following the boys and trying to cross the water!


She made it halfway!


I look at this picture and think Kalven is a natural when it comes to pictures, he loves them, look at that pose.



Sweet Julia kissin' her mommy!



Any TALL rock Kalven could find he would climb up on it!



Julia was happy throwing rocks into the water!


 What do you know?  Daddy is doing the same thing as Kalven! Haha, they are so much alike! Joel is one big kid himself!

 I don't know if you can tell, but Joel was carrying Julia across the stream, you can see her cute foot sticking out!


The waterfall!



Joel and Julia waiting for Kalven to cross the rocks!



Kalven was funny, because he was saying "I'm scared I don't want too, but okay I will do it because I want too"


He made it and he is a monkey boy!



Another picture of him at the top!

Trying to make his way down!  We had an awesome time and it is just so nice to be together as a family and we were there for 2-3 hours and it was just the best thing in the world to have fun as a family! I can't wait for spring/early summer, we want to go camping!!!!

1 comment:

Tracy Beckett said...

I'm with you, Kally--I think Sunday drives and hikes and family time are wonderful. And I love that hike--it's the one we've been on a few times and it is beautiful! Your pictures are all so nice--I love to look at them! I think family is the most important thing, and anytime you can spend quality time together strengthening your family, that is the BEST! Do it all you can because you will blink and suddenly your kids will be grown up...