So this is going to be long and I am sorry for that! So yes it it true, I am pregnant! Joel and I have been thinking back and forth for a few months now on whether we wanted another one or not, half of the time we thought, we would seriously be crazy! We are already crazy as it is! But in April I was suppose to go to the doctor and get birth control, well not realizing it, I never went. I guess this was time for the baby to come, and letting us know our crazy little family isn't complete!
When I called to schedule my appointment with this baby the nurse said, well I guess you don't need that birth control anymore huh? I just laughed and thought ya really! So when I went to my first appointment, they did an ultrasound, because I had two periods in April so my doctor wanted to see how everything was. So first ultrasound, NOTHING, seriously you couldn't see anything on the computer at all, so I had to have my blood drawn to make sure that my hormone levels were going up the way they should be. I was at 200, and it more than doubled within a day n a half to 475, my levels had to be at 2000 before they could see anything on the ultrasound. So I was scheduled to go back in, in 2 weeks.But at this point my doctor thought I was 2- 3 weeks along.
So 2nd ultrasound and what do I see? The small little placenta sack that the baby grows in! INSANE, by this time I was so tired, my doctor kept thinking the pregnacy was going to fall thru, because everything had been so weird, my periods, my timing, my dates, but I had no pain or bleeding so my doctor feels pretty confident that everything is fine! So now thinking I am 4-5 weeks along and scheduled to go in, in 2 more weeks.
Aw, third ultrasound, I saw a heartbeat and got my estimated due date and felt really good about leaving my doctor, and this is the thing, I ALWAYS was content with how I felt about the doctor appointments, but I was always frustrated because I didn't know how I was suppose to feel at this point you know? So I was 7 weeks along and a good strong heartbeat from the baby! My due date was January 26th, 2012.
Joel and I were seriously surprised but excited all at the same time. It has been fun to tell the kids and hear their ideas with the baby. When we told Kalven he was like, "are you serious? are you for real? I don't believe you guys! Finally I said Kalven I will show you a picture of what the baby looks like. Kody didn't say much which suprised me, and Julia just keeps coming up with names for the baby, like Luna, Puddin, so funny!
So we decided to tell everyone on fb, and it was so funny because so many people didn't believe us! It is probably because we joke around so much, and for a while I don't know how much I realized it either, or how much it is reality to me yet either. Right now I am 10 weeks along and I have felt really good, I have some back pain and I will probably have to do physical therapy but I hope not! Anyways that is our story and there will be more updates later!

3 comments:
I can't believe it's for real either! Probably because you guys pulled a lot of pranky things that led us to think, "maybe they are prego..."
Anyway, a HUGE congrats to you guys! I hope you feel better and that your back doesn't hurt you so much. If I lived closer I would take care of you!
And just for the record, I like Luna Puddin' ;)
Love you guys!
Let the games begin! congrats to you guys, and I hope you feel great! I agree with Deb, Julia picked out a great name!!
Yeah guys! Cute post! Congrats again!! :D
Post a Comment