Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Kody Boy is 4~!!!

So most of you know that between Kalven and Kody I had a miscarriage, well I happened to be looking through some papers the other day. The last day of my period with my miscarriage was April 27th, 2005. Well Kody was born April 27th, 2006. Exactly one year later. Crazy huh? So many possibilities, did Kody get a second chance of life on this earth? Or do the dates have nothing to do with each other and they are just a consequence? I guess we may never know, however it was very interesting to me when I found this out.




Here is our precious Kody boy when he was born. 8 lbs 6 ozs 21 inches long at 4:45pm. When I went in for my doctor appointment I had high blood pressure and so they wanted to keep me and check me to make sure everything was okay, than I ended up staying at the hospital and having Kody that day! I was already dialated to a 2 and I was 39 weeks along, so I was alright. But I always have a moment of crying before I have my babies, I dont know why then I'm ready to have to take on that new life Joel and I brought into the world. I don't know if anyone rememebers but we had a couple problems with Kody throughout my pregnancy as well. They thought he was going to have down-syndrome, Kody had 1/120 chance of having it, so I was having ultrasounds every 6 weeks to see if there was any other signs of the down syndrome. When we had Kody it was a relief to know that everything was okay and that he was a healthy little boy!




This is Kody when he turned 1. I could not believe how PERFECT this picture is! I absolutely LOVE it! I totally forgot I had it until I started looking through my pictures to do this post, this is totally going on my wall! Anyways, they were only taking a picture of Kody and Kalven happened to jump in and grawl at Kody! The lady asked if I wanted to keep it and I said YES, if you knew how crazy my kids are, it is perfect! I Love it! Also I happened to be pregnant with Julia as well. I remember saying when Kody was able to walk or at least 10 months old I would THINK about having another baby. Well I didn't even have to try because Kody was 10 months old when he started to walk, and that is the same month I got pregnant with Julia. Crazy huh? Some things are just meant to be!



This is when Kody turned two. He is so sweet, he almost looks like he has three legs! Kody has always been my snuggly little boy, he has the sweetest little heart.

*Kody has had a total of three seizures, one at 13 months, 24 months and 28 months. It is so sad and heartbreaking when you have to witness when one of your kids goes through something like that.

* Kody also has had all 4 front teeth capped a month after he turned 2 and hasn't had any other problems with them.

*Kody always said "BO" for "NO" I miss that, because it was so blasted cute!

* Kody loves his bottle and his blanket. Mommy gives into him and lets him have a bottle even though he is two! As long as he is happy!

*Kody knew all his shapes and would say the alphabet with me when I would say it.

* I forgot this: Kody used to be SOOOO scared of people, one time we were in Costco and he saw a kinda scary looking guy and started to scream and wouldn't stop until I left from that area.

*I made Kody and Kalven a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and Kody wouldn't eat it, I told him it was yummy, and Kody opened the sandwich and said eww poop. HAHA!

*Anytime we took Kody to the dentist or a doctor he would scream until we left the office. He doesnt like doctors at all.

*Joel will be working in the backyard and Kody will help him do everything, he loves to shovel, pull weeds, anything outside.



*Kody Boy turned 3. I love that he is so blasted excited for his candle. To blow out his candle to eat his cake! What a big year for Kody, he got potty trained!!! YAY!!! Here is some fun stuff he did when he was three!

* We saw Val at the store when she was pregnant with Matthew and I was explaining to Kody that she had a baby in her tummy, and Kody patted my breasts and said mommy you have two babies in your tummy.

* On the Simpsons Movie where Bart says, "Wait you can't shoot my dad because than you won't know where the treasure is, and the guy says what treasure? Bart says" Treasure of I'm a weiner." Kody will just bust up laughing and say haha lets watch that part again, because I'm a weiner!

* Kody pees outside every chance he gets

* Kody slept at grandmas house one night and said mommy I'm going to miss you! My sweet little boy!
* Kody is the most thoughtful little boy, is always telling mommy I love you and giving mommy hugs and kisses.



Those two marks on Kody's face was from him running and tripping and falling on his Dora chair. Sad I know! So number 2 incident was Kody and Julia LOVE to take things apart well sometime when they were taking apart a toy they had a fight and Julia stabbed Kody in the back (If I would say hit, Kody would pop up and say No mom Julia stabbed me.) Number 3: Joel was making hamburgers on the grill and Kody touched it. POOR KID OF OURS!!!!



Our poor Kody, I swear he is a magnet for sad things to happen to this little boy. I guess they were in the front yard and the neighbor boy across the street threw a rock and it hit Kody in the arm. Poor little boy! Of course I went and talked to his mom, but it didn't really matter. But really my poor little kody! The next day Kody and I were outside cleaning my car and Kody runs and hides, and I said Kody what are you doing? Kody said. "I'm hiding from that boy I dont want him to hit me with a rock again." My poor little boy is scared but I told him I would protect him and no one would be mean to him. Poor Kody boy! He is the smallest one! Can I keep my house and just pick it up and move out of my neighborhood?




Kody on his birthday! Hooray to be 4!!! Look at that cute smile!






His cake! I'm lame and just had Joel buy one, I can't do all that fancy stuff with cakes, and the more kids I have the easier it is just to buy one! That sounds like I'm announcing something but I'm really not its just easier to buy one! :)





Singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Kody!!! I love how excited he is, he can hardly wait!




Kody blew all the candles out in one try!!! Cute boy! I thought it would be fun to write down a couple of fun, sad things he says! So here we go....

*We were walking home from church and Kody starts running and of course were yelling for him to stop, and Joel ran after him and we asked Kody why he didn't listen to us and stop and we explained to him that he could of got hit by a car. Kody said, "I wanted to get hit by a car so I could go see Jesus."
*We were watching Superwhy and they look for super letters and Kody saw a S and said, "S is for Love."
*Kody learned our phone number in about 10 minutes, he is such a smart little thing, but now he will say I want to text my phone number to daddy. haha, like my 3 year old knows what texting is!

*Kody loves High School Musical, Kody always wants to be Troy because Troy kisses Gabriella. Funny, but at the same time he is four and he wants to kiss a girl already?

*Kalven does 10 min of homework on the computer and I told Kody he can't go into our room while Kalven is doing his homework. Kody said, "I will trick you mom and pretend like I'm going into your room but I won't I will go into my room."

*Kody and I were walking into his speech class and there was a lady walking in front of us and Kody says, "What is she going to do here, she doesn't have any kids."

* Kody went and did a hearing test, because every week his speech teacher checks the levels of his ears, and we have had such weird readings, so my peditrican wanted me to get his ears checked. So we were heading to his speech and I asked Kody if he wanted to tell his teacher about his ear test and he was sad and said ya but I wouldn't know what to tell him. I thought it was sweet, my cute little four year old is worried about what he was going to tell him, so I told him that he could tell his teacher that he did really good and sat really still and I will tell him the rest! Sweet little boy!

* I asked Kody if he likes to be four? Kody said, "yes!" I said do you feel any different? He said "No my eyes are still blue!"

* Kody will try to drink Mountain Dew any chance he gets, I let him have a Rootbeer the other day and he says all happy" I GET A MOUNTAIN DEW!!!" I laughed and said no this is rootbeer. haha!

* After Kody gets dressed he will come ask me if he looks amazing or handsome?

How I love my little four year old Kody boy. I am so glad that I have written down all this stuff that Kody would say, because when I went to write this post I just had to look it up in my book, Its sad to me that I can't remember fully how Kody was at 1 or 2. But I'm glad I've written down memories, I just hope I have some things that he says on the video camera! How I love my family, even though Joel and I will have those moments quite often and look at each other and say, "Are we crazy?" Ya I think we are. But I guess Im glad we are crazy together! How I love my husband and how much he helps me and gets to listen to me complain and my three fun children even when they are difficult! :)



If its not one kid, its the other! :) Poor Kalven has a really sore muscle in his neck, he could barely move it. It still hurts him, but poor kid, if you look at him he kind of has his head tilted to one side, I guess that made it feel better! Kalven's teacher was sweet because the first day he woke up with it I sent him to school, I honestly thought he was faking it, he was running around the house playing basketball being his normal self. But when I picked him up from school his teacher Mrs. V told me Kalven had a really hard time and didn't really do anything in school today because it was hurting him so bad, she said she thought it was a sore muscle and to put some bengay on it and it would probably go away in a couple of days. Mrs. V's daughter had the same thing a couple weeks ago. So we bought some stuff and it seemed to help Kalven, and the next day I tried to get Kalven to stay home and rest but it was show and tell day so he wanted to go, and when I picked him up once again Mrs. V was so nice and said I was so worried about him last night I was trying to figure out if I should find your number and try to call and see if Kalven was okay, what happens if he really needed to go to the doctor and not listen to me. Kalven popped up and told her our phone number. Mrs. V is so nice and Kalven just loves her, I'm so glad he has such nice teachers. Well now Kalven is better and he is running and jumping just fine, back to his crazy self again!

5 comments:

Tiff George said...

Oh Kally - that was such a fantastic post! I love all the funny things Kody has said, and I love that you walked us through each year and told about him at that age. Kody is such a sweet little boy and I love him so very much! And I'm glad that Kalven's neck is feeling better, too. What a sweet post!

Becky said...

Awww-Happy Birthday Kody!!! Very cute post!

Karmen said...

That was such a SWEET post! I love that handsome Kody boy! I wish so bad that I had written down all the cute things my kids have said! Thanks for sharing! Kiss that little man for me, better yet, plan a trip to Burley and let us play and hang out for a few days!

Deb-t said...

Hooray for Kody turning 4! Holy cow, time flies. I'm so happy he hasn't had a seizure in a long time. I remember how scary that was for you guys.
That was one awesome post because you added so much detail! I could hug and kiss Kody to death, he's so precious to me. I hate hearing about all the sad and painful things he's had to go through. I almost cried when you said he wanted to be hit by a car so he could go see Jesus. What a munchkin. LOVE HIM!!!!

Kitty said...

Happy Birthday Kody!!Amazing you wrote all that Kally! Good Job! Kody is so funny!!!!!!!!