Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kalven's in 1st grade... what the???

Okay so will parenting ever get easier? I swear I have been ready for school to start especially the last week, Kalven was just ready to go back to school to play with friends, and have something fun to do all day and a schedule he had to do all day. I'm just not that creative of a mom to have that many fun things to do all the time! So I was fine and walked Kalven into school on his first day which was August 11th, he saw his kindergarten teachers which Kalven was really excited about, than he asked his teacher where he put his lunch box and backpack at. I hugged him and gave him a kiss and said love you have a good day at school, and on he went. I was like REALLY? Kalven is such a outgoing, ready, fun, careless, free, INDEPENDENT child, he didn't care that I was going to leave him for the next 8 hours. So of course I'm bawling for whatever reason. I think the initial shock of dropping him off and he is just so ready to take on the world, I think for those 8 hours I have no control of what you do, say, hear, so I always hope I have taught him to choose the right. So many emotions and I am only on child #1. *Sigh* So for his second day of school I just dropped him off and I was fine, I do love my child, but I love him even more when I get a break! :)


First off I LOVE all the poses Kalven does, he will just start to make all these funny poses of faces. Joel was so sweet because the night before school started he gave Kalven a Father's Blessing to help him throughout the whole school year and it was sweet and tender. I'm thankful for Joel who is willing to give blessings to anyone in our or my family that needs one. He has learned many great things from his dad Chad, which I'm grateful for as well. So after the blessing Joel asked Kody if he wanted a blessing before he started preschool and Kody said no. Julia pops up and says me do me do. It was so sweet, she had her little eyes closed and her little arms folded the whole time, it was sweet. Yes I peeked! :)


Another one, Look how handsome my not so little boy is.

Kalven trying to love on Julia but Julia is throwing a fit because she is just waking up.



LOVE IT!!!




On the way to school! He was so excited.



Another handsome picture of our boy. I'm not sure if I should say little or big. He is so not little anymore but he will always be our little boy!

5 comments:

Campbell said...

What a handsome boy you have!! And I know how you feel...I'm more nervous for Laney to start school than she is.

Becky said...

They started already? WOW! I'm NOT looking forward to that first day of school. Being prego and all..I'm sure to cry up a puddle.

Tracy Beckett said...

Wow, he looks so handsome and grown up! First grade already, huh? Hang on for the ride--you will blink and he will be in high school I'm so glad Joel gave him a blessing--I love that tradition! We don't start until next week--and I lose Mindy to college too. Life just keeps on moving...your family is beautiful!

tawnja said...

Kalven is just way too handsome for his own good! Hope he loves school!

Deb-t said...

Oh how cute! Kalven a first grader? Wow, where does the time go? I still can't believe Jaden is in 5th this year!!!!