Okay so Kalven went to the dentist in June 2011, his dentist told me Kalven had such a bad underbite and that he needed to be checked out to see if he needed braces, so Kalven does! Kalven's lower jaw is so far pulled in that he has to get braces to fix his jaw and pull it out to where it should be, the braces are not even to help straighten his teeth since he has only lost two baby teeth on the top. He will only have braces on his top teeth, and he will have to wear head gear at night to help pull his jaw back to where it needs to be. Make sense?
So this was his "key" they called it, we had to tighten his spacer 18 times, I should say Joel had to tighten it since it made me ugh to do it!
I tried to get a picture of his underbite, but you really can't tell at all!
Here is Kalven's spacer, and it did really good just with the spacer in to be able to pull his jaw back already. It fell out twice and we had to go back in and get it SUPER glued in! I hope it stays when he gets his braces!
Kalven loves his dentist because of course they have games! He didn't want to stop playing to take a picture! In fact Kalven said I'm excited but I am kind of scared the braces will hurt. Which surpised me, Kalven is such an easy going kid, I didn't except that from him.
Last time with regular teeth for a year. Braces here we come!
I thought this was so funny! They had to put all that in his mouth, because if his teeth got wet at all, the braces wouldn't stick! Smile Kalven!
This was cool because they put this sealant on his teeth and it turned them bleach white, which you can't really tell! Blast! But then the braces stuck to it! It was so funny how the braces worked.
Kalven's bleached white teeth!
Thats ALL, now the braces are on! It is so weird how they did them! It is awesome! I think I want braces now to fix my teeth! Maybe when I am done being pregnant!
Kalven was excited and chose rainbow colors! He was excited to show daddy, grandma and grandpa Hafen, and all his friends at school!
A close up picture, Kalven still will have his spacer in his mouth for about another 3-4 months, and the blue stuff you see on his bottom teeth is a bunch of glue to help him not be able to close his mouth all the way, so his jaw can adjust to the braces and re-align his teeth, he can already bite down normal and it will finish helping it adjust to it! How crazy! Kalven has a lose tooth already with his braces on them, haha, I'm not sure how that works or what will happen, but cool to be able to see his tooth with a brace on it! haha, just my luck!
ALL ABOUT KALVEN!
*Okay I like to write in their books about stuff they have been doing/saying/acting, but today I will write it on our blog!
*Kalven was really nervous about going to school this year, he cried the sunday before school started and said what happens if I don't like my teachers, and Joel gave him a blessing and it made him feel better and now he loves school and likes all his teachers, he got lucky and had the same 4 teachers this year, so he was happy about that.
*Kalven is a very good help when I am being positive with him, he is a good big brother to Julia and Kody.
*Kalven is so INDEPENDENT, it is unreal, we went to the rodeo one day and Kalven just would leave and go to the bathroom or throw stuff in the trash, he seriously just didn't care that he was by himself or could get hurt or lost.
* Kalven is really excited about anything that he can show Julia that is purple or pink, he was in the mountains with Joel and kept wanting to buy anything that was pink or purple for Julia. He is very unselfish.












2 comments:
Wow, He is so young to already have braces going on, and he looks so cute in them! I can't believe how grown up he looks in the pictures--I guess it's been a while since I've seen you guys. Loved to read about all the fun with Kalven. Love you guys!
What a brave little feller. I agree with Tracy though....he's looking so grown-up.
Laney will most likely have braces too at some point. Her teeth are all squished together 'cause there is just no room for them. :(
Post a Comment