Monday, January 30, 2012

Our baby girl is here.

 Okay so I am going to do an update of my pregnancy from 6 months to the end. Good for me to remember and have in my journal! Written at 34 weeks.


Okay this is my bruise that I got from taking the glucouse test. My blood work was suppose to be lower than 140, and it was 146, but come on give me a break it was two days after HALLOWEEN, I think I just had so much sugar, that is why it was a little higher. So I had to go do a 4 hour test, and when I first get there, they take my blood and it had to be below 100, and it was 86, and every hour they drew my blood for three hours. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, I brought a book, a game, magazines and it turned out just fine. The last 20 minutes or so I had Julia and Kody with me, and like 5 minutes before I had to get my last blood drawn, Julia had to go potty, so I was telling her that she needed to hurry because they were going to take my blood, and she said, "And take your bones out?" I said, "No, just a little bit of blood." She showed me with her little fingers like a half of an inch ____ like that, a little bit. So when they drew my blood, I let her watch and when we left she said, "Mommy you didn't even die!" haha she is funny. So like a day later I showed her my arm and said see they poked me 4 times and it hurts, and Julia said in a sad voice, "Mommy I don't want you to die!" She is so sweet, how I love my little girl! Anyways so the test came back normal! So I didn't have to worry about anything, I think it was just the Halloween candy!



Here I am at 34 weeks, I am used to my belly and I didn't feel like I was that big but when I actually saw this picture, I feel HUGE!


I did a body shot because I can still fit into my normal pre-pregnancy pants and that makes me happy! I  should say with the pants unbuttoned that is, but at lease I can get them over my butt!!! The crazy thing is, I haven't gained as much with this one as I did with any of my other kids, so I think all my weight is going to my tummy and no where else, but what do I know?


Julia is cute, because I asked Joel if he would paint my toenails, and Julia pops up and says I will do it mommy, so sure enough here she is painting my toes!


I painted her nails and my own, so we had matching nails!



Look how good of a job she did! HAHAHA! Good thing I am just wearing my warm slippers and don't really care what my toes look like!


So here is a couple of pictures of things from my "nesting period" which the list is now done ( I was finished about 32 weeks and am happy with what I got done) So this is Julia's room with her saying "Sisters: make the best of friends"

We added some new tinkerbell stickers on her wall too. She loves them, as long as she doesn't pull them off, I told her if she pulls them off, I am taking her bed out. She moved a couple and lost her bed for about a week and hasn't touched them again, so we shall see.


The boys got this huge buzz-lightyear in their room, and thinks it is pretty cool! 
So my pregnancy has been okay for the most part, I go thru phases, where I feel good for a week and then I sleep for a week straight.
*This pregnancy remind me the most of Kalven's. The baby stays up in my ribs a lot and Kalven did that. I have had tons of heartburn, I had a lot with Kalven also.
* I go to the chiropractor probably every 4ish days, to help with my back and it is the best thing ever!
* I did good to not want any type of pepsi for the first 5 1/2 months, but now it is a struggle with me being 34 weeks it always sounds so good.
*This baby surprised me because when we had that test done to see if she had anything wrong like disablities (down syndrome) it came back normal, and it took me about a week to really believe it, it was abnormal with Kody and Julia, so I am grateful it was normal, but just not expecting it.
*So far (at 34 weeks) I haven't gained half as much as I did with any of my other babies, also I haven't ever been able to wear my normal jeans while I was pregnant, my butt was always toooo big!
* I had a month where I just felt like I was nesting and had to get things done and never felt like I had enough time to do it, I am happy that I am ready now, the only thing I have to get is bottles, diapers, formula, but that is not stuff that I am like I have to have it right now!
* We have pretty much known what we have wanted to name her since about 7 1/2 months, I am just stubborn and didn't want to tell anyone because I kept feeling bothered by people asking me over and over ( I am sure it goes with the pregnancy) But I believe we have decided JAZZLYNN ELENA CAMPBELL, so now it is just a waiting game, I am not expecting anything until the 2nd or 3rd week in January which is completely fine with me. I am sick of being pregnant and I am uncomfortable but everyone I know lately has had their baby 4-6 weeks early and the baby has been in the nic-u, and I would rather have my baby at 38 weeks and be bigger like 7 pounds, than have to worry about my baby in the nicu and not being able to take her home. So that is pretty much it, until I have the baby than I will add more pictures of our little girl!

Okay so now this is me going back and re-reading everything I put in here... haha I guess my whole pregnancy I must have seemed annoyed with everyone, I was probably not very pleasant to be around! HAHA! Glad I am not pregnant anymore, also I am leaving it because it will be a good reminder how I was when I was pregnant!
January 5th, I was 37 weeks pregnant, can you see how awkward it was to take pregnancy pictures of me? I didn't like it.


 January 9th, I was 37 weeks and 4 days, funny because I am wearing the same shirt in all this pictures! Embarrassing! haha!

January 14th, I was 38 weeks and 2 days. I kept waiting for that big feeling of like "wow my tummy just got bigger" but I never felt it, so I wonder how big she was the whole time?
January 16th, FINALLY I am not wearing the same shirt! HAHA! I am 38 weeks and 4 days! It is fuzzy but it is the only picture that turned out somewhat decent on that day, so here it is.

FINALLY!!!! We get to have a baby! Okay so I got induced with Kody and Julia because I had high blood pressure, so when I went to my doctor today I wasn't going to leave the doctor until she let me have Jazlyn that day! So how do I get high blood pressure everyone askes me? Its easy! I just start thinking about all sorts of random things like, I'm not leaving today until I have this baby" or "where will I send my kids" or " I hope Kody is okay at school today(he was having a hard time because his leg muscle was pulled and he was worried about not being able to sit on the rug criss cross apple sauce at school)" But it worked, they checked my blood pressure 3 times and it wouldn't go down so off to the hospital I went! YES I got my way! Why yes I am a brat! :) Okay so they had this board up in the room and they had 3 goals 1:epidural 2:Breastfeed 3:S2S= skin on skin contact, I guess they just put the baby on your chest right after she is born for lots of reasons.  Joel gets to cut the cord! Which he has done with all of his kids anyways!

I look at all these pictures of just me and I don't like any! But I am feeling pretty good at this point! So they hooked me up at about 11 and I was already dilated to a good 3, and gave me my epidural at about 12:45 and broke my water. Checked me at 2:10 and I was at a 5+ and at 3:57 Jazlyn was born! As my doctor looked at her she said you have a good size baby, and I said what? Sure enough she was 8 lbs 10 oz, and 20 1/2 inches long! I was seriously like NO WAY!!!! I only gained 19 pounds this whole pregnancy! But doctor was like she was all baby! I just couldn't believe it!

My wonderful doctor who I love, Tracy Winword, I have had her with all my kids and I think she is just amazing and am so lucky to have such a great doctor! My wonderful husband being a great sport and supporting me the whole way!


This picture melts me heart and I LOVE IT! It makes me cry! Joel is so awesome all the time with the kids and precious for him to be holding his little girl! They melt my heart!


Joel and I, I was feeling pretty good! I had them keep my epidural at a 7, people usually have it at a 12, so within like 3 hours, I was completely unnum and it was great! I was wide awake with this one and didn't get nausues from the medicine!

I thought about it through the whole pregnancy, whether I should have my mom in the room with me, and a couple weeks ago I asked her if she would come in, and I think it was a neat experience for her and for me too! Love my mom!

Everyone holding Jazlyn, mom said, "she thought she looked like Kody"


Dad holding her


Jazlyn getting checked out!

Joel loving his wife!


So at every doctor appointment when they would check her heartbeat, my doctor would always say, "Shes got a good strong heartbeat and she is loud" HAHA, well she came out screaming and with tons of different facial expressions!




LOVE this one and her face is just so precious!



While my parents went to go get my kids they gave her a bath and wrapped her back up! So here is just a couple pictures of Jazlyn, once again notice all the facial expressions!





They had her wrapped up in the cutest sleeper/sweater thing, but instead of wrapping up her arms like they did with all my other kids, her arms were out. It was cute and interesting!
The proud mommy and daddy! If you look at Jazlyn's hands she holds them together all the time and by her mouth too!

I LOVE THIS SIMPLE PICTURE!!!! My kids are so excited to meet their sister!


You can't see this picture to good but I love it!

Julia loving on her sister!

Kalven is so excited, I love it!


Love the excitement
Finally I get to hold her! Sweet little Kalven and Jazlyn

Julia's turn, I love how all of them are smiling so sweetly to her!



I LOVE this picture, I have no idea what she said to grandpa but it is cute!


Julia loving the cookies! Can you tell?


Kody's turn!

 So sweet!
Joel is in love with babies! But even more in love with Jazlyn!



As I look at this picture I see Julia in her, but I still don't know!

My brother Trace!



Love Julia giving Jazlyn a kiss!

I like this cute profile picture of her!


Julia trying to hold her hand!

Jazlyn was actually wide awake a lot, it was funny! She was so sweet because she would look around and she would hear my voice and her eyes got all big and she would tell it was her mommy talking to her! It was sweet! It was so nice to have her and not to be pregnant anymore! The whole night I kept saying, yay I don't have heartburn or I don't have to roll out of bed to get up! yay I don't have to pee a million times! It was just nice to feel a little more normal and not pregnant!

Love her cry!


Daddy loving on Jazlyn


Her cute purple bow!

My friend Jen showed up right about the time I had her, and brought us some yummy cookies and balloons, she was great and helped keep my kids for the day! Thanks Jen!


This is Jen's baby Natalie and she is about 10 weeks old, they almost look the same size!

Trevor and Liana, they were sweet to come visit!

Julia came and saw us the next day and she was excited! My friend Jen was nice and did her hair cute!

I wondered about Julia if she was going to be jealous of Joel with Jazlyn but she is so good with her and such a personality of whatever! She has been awesome and helps me a lot all the time!


Grandma and Grandpa came to see us in the hospital, so sweet!

Jazlyn's going home outfit, Julia wore the same outfit, when she went home!


Before we headed home we had to fill out the birth certificate, I guess you can't take them home anymore and mail them in, you have to leave them at the hospital, which is LAME! They told me I could call and they would fill her name in for me! haha, NOT! What happens if they spelt it wrong? So I wanted to spell her name "Jazzlynn Elena" and Joel did not like they way I spelt it. Joel wanted to spell it "Jazlyn Elaina" So we had to compromise and we have been arguing about it since I was about 8 months pregnant, finally I said we are not going to talk about this until after I had her. I was ready to change her name because I was so irritated with the whole thing. So after about 30 min sitting in the hospital just figuring out her name we finally decided on "Jazlyn Eleyna" and I am really happy I didn't change her name, she is such a Jazlyn girl to me!


I kept going back and forth about wanting to stay in the hospital or not, It was nice they brought me food and I didn't really have to worry about cleaning anything, but on the other hand I was just sitting in a room and it gets annoying because they check on you about every 2 hours! So I was just ready to head home! So we went home the next day! It was nice to be back home!

3 comments:

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

She is beautiful, love her name if Julia needs to come play call me!!!

Campbell said...

She's so precious and adorable!!! And I love all her little expressions....so cute. I always love the pictures of the new baby with his/her siblings. It's always so cute how excited the kids are to see the baby. Very cute. And I can't believe how great you looked pregnant. It looked like you were shoplifting watermelons!!! No baby weight anywhere but your cute belly. Anyway, we're so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet cute Jazlyn hopefully this summer. Love you St. George Campbells! :D

Mindy said...

Oh how sweet!! I loved reading about your pregnancy and sweet Jazlyn. :) (hope I spelled that right!) Can't wait to meet her in person. Love you guys!!