Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jazlyn is 4 months old

Long Post, sorry!
 So just a recap, here is Jazlyn the day she was born, Jazlyn Eleyna 8 lbs 10 oz, 20 1/2 inches long.  So the first two weeks that she was born, had a bad rash and it took about 2 weeks to get better, I guess some babies will get it after they are born, she is my first one that ever got it, it was sad though because it just looked like two huge blisters on her bottom.



Here is Jazlyn about a month old, love her pretty smile. So about a month old Jazlyn had a "fussy" stage for about an hour a day, well one day about 6 weeks she just was screaming and wouldn't stop so we took her to the doctor and sure enough she had an ear infection? Seriously? Is how I felt! Julia got one when she was about 6 weeks old too but it is because we left town so the elevation was hard on her ears because they weren't fully developed, and she grew out of it about a year old. So the medicine they gave Jazlyn was a white amoxicillin, and about 5 days into the medicine I went back to the doctor because she would not STOP SCREAMING, I mean literally she would just scream and it wasn't a tiny scream it was a loud high pitch hurt your ears type of scream. But of course they couldn't change her medicine because she was only 6 weeks old and what not. So we go in the doctor for her 2 month old appointment and sure enough her ear infection ISN'T GONE, I mean how unlucky can we be? So along with her normal vaccines, they gave her a shot to help with the ear infection, I go back in 10 days but this medicine they gave her was stronger but about day 7 it makes her feel like she is having cramps more or less! I mean really? For a little baby? So she would scream again for hours at night because this medicine was so hard on her little tummy, so we finally invested in a swing and it was worked wonders!!!



Jazlyn happy as long as she is being held this way, she has got to have pressure on her tummy all the time.




She is about 2 months old


She loves Kalven and it is cute here because she is copying him!


I love this picture! Oh no help me mom, these boys are attacking me!!


Kody and Jazzy


Okay one day about 1:00, Jazlyn just started screaming and wouldn't stop, and she would usually scream at night because thats when I would give her the medicine so I thought something is wrong she wouldn't stop for like 2 hours, so I head down to instacare because my doctor didn't have any openings and sure enough NO ear infection, which I was glad but then he said she has colic, basically her tummy isn't fully developed so everything is harder on her tummy, so he showed us some ways to hold her, we switched to soy formula and she is on these drops that are suppose to help with digestive. Oh and so the soy formula seemed to be helping but than guess what? She got so beyond constipated that I had to give her mineral oil three times a day and her bum was bleeding. So sad, so sad!!! She is doing better but every night I still have to hold her the same way, she really doesn't scream anymore like all night, like she was but it is really a guessing game I feel like, I do the same thing every night and still something doesn't make her happy, I just want her to get a little bit older so the colic can go away and be happier, it is so beyond hard to manage her and my other 3 kids, especially at night when everyone is tired and I have no more patience left.


She is so very sweet and so very difficult, some days I feel like wow, she is ONLY 3 1/2 months, I am going to pull all my hair out and age 10 years before she is one! But when she smiles she is so precious and when she loves to listen to me talk, she is a doll. We love her, just hope she can keep feeling better and that I can survive!!!!


Okay so here is Jazzy at 4 months old, she went to the doctor and weighed 14 lbs 1 oz, and was 25 1/2 inches long. Jazlyn is so active and DOES NOT want to be put down, I mean seriously I carry her around everywhere. It is a difficult thing. She recognizes everyone, she DOES NOT like MEN especially!!!! But usually smiles for a second and than is not happy with anyone else but me, Joel, Kalven, Kody, Julia. You can only imagine how hard this is, what I can get done in a day! HAHA, usually nothing! Jazlyn is getting over colic I think, she doesn't just random scream, well if she does it is not for 3 hours at a time like it was. But I still have to hold her in a certain way every night for almost an hour, maybe more just depends on how much she wants to fight me on sleeping. I'm not going to lie, Jazlyn is by far my HARDEST baby and it is difficult, it is so hard to be able to feel like I can't have anyone hold Jazlyn because she only likes me or only recognizes me, Joel and I fight because he can't get her to sleep because she will scream and he feels like she doesn't like him, which is not true, he just doesn't have the patience like I do, lets be honest I don't have a lot of patience either but enough to deal with Jazlyn. She is definitely a test which I probably will fail a million times and more. She is a very demanding child and it is so hard to keep up with her. I never understood when people said " I just need an hour to myself" I mean if I was going to have a break, I wanted to have a day/night to myself. Well I fully understand what it means now. It is amazing how one hour, helps you a ton!!!  I will survive, how many more months until she is 1????

Oh yes I wanted to write one more thing in here, sorry I know my posts are always sooo long, but this is my journal!!!! So the night I had Jazlyn at the hospital and it was just me and her, she just kept looking at me and listening to me talk, but I really feel like she was looking at me and trying to figure out my face, I mean she knew my voice but it was the sweetest thing, I can't even explain how sweet it was. She was trying to know who I was, and she watches me where ever I go, and she listens to me talk, she is so blasted sweet so its funny that she recognizes me so well, I just think she has done it from the beginning. All the hard stuff makes up when she smiles, it is just going to be ONE LONG YEAR!!!!

No comments: