Broken Arm?
So we went to Mcdonalds to play and Kalven fell off the slide and IMMEDIATELY started to scream, so we headed to the ER.
I really thought he was being dramatic and Joel said lets
take him to instacare and I thought do we really need to do this? But we took
him and in the waiting room he was screaming and saying it hurt a lot. So we
headed to the back to wait for the doctor and we waited for like an hour and
the nurses came in and said he was going to need an xray and we should just go
to the ER because they could sedate him, he was screaming so bad that he almost
started hyperventalating, and they said he shouldn't be so still and in so much
pain, Kalven didn't move besides screaming, we were also irritated because the
doctor was just taking his time and not doing anything, wasn't seeing anyone
else or anything. So we headed to the ER
I'm
not sure if he screamed so much and made him tired or if he finally got
medicine that it didn't hurt anymore or what? But here he is checking in at the
ER
Waiting for the doctor.
So here is his xray, its hard to see it but he broke his arm, the doctor said that a child's bones are more flexible than an adult so if it were my bone that broke, it would have shattered. But since Kalven's bones are still flecible it almost made folds in the bone instead of it shattering the whole bone and it just cracked. The bone was still 23% intact still so it didn't fully break all the way through. It broke right under the shoulder so they couldn't cast it because the cast wouln't even reach it so he got to wear a sling for 4 weeks. So we go back in 4 weeks to have another xray done and see if he can get the sling off.
Here is his sling he has to wear for 4 weeks.
REALLY? REALLY? TWO DAYS LATER THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED...

So we went to go water this pool since it just got gunited, so minutes before Kalven fell, I was walking across the edge with Jazlyn and Joel said you better not trip on that rebar and I said im fine, so....
SERIOUSLY, not even 5 minutes later Kalven was walking along the edge and fell right on the side which is the spa, if he would have fell a couple more inches he would have landed on the floor of the pool which was 8 foot deep. He was lucky that way. Kalven landed on his broken arm, so he immediately started screaming so we jumped in the car and headed to the ER, dropped the kids to grandma's and raced there, they had told us when we left the ER the first time that he had to be careful if he fell and broke it he could do some major damage and have to have surgery.
He was not happy at me for taking his picture. I had nothing for Jazlyn but enough for one bottle in the car, no diapers, no wetwipes I just thought we would be gone 10 minutes she would be fine. Well we were gone like 2 hours so at lease she had a bottle. I have learned I should have a diaper bag packed at all times and left in my car, just incase we have an emergency, but who am I kidding I still don't do it. Oh yes I did have my camera at lease.
I think Kalven was scared because he thought he was going to have to have surgery. But he did another xray and there was NO CHANGE in his arm, he was definitely being looked over tonight! We are so grateful he was okay and did not have to get surgery.
Kalven had to do another xray at 4 weeks, and the doctor called and said he can take it off, it is healed! Kalven was at the eye doctor but he was beyond happy!
WAHOO! CAN YOU SEE HIS EXCITEMENT????













No comments:
Post a Comment